Call for Abstracts
You are invited to submit an abstract for a presentation at the IRSC 2020 webinars which will take place on 19th, 20th and 21st October 2020. All submissions for the webinars require an abstract.
Abstracts must be submitted by no later than Friday 24th July 2020. Abstracts will be reviewed by two members of the conference organising committee.
The theme at the 30th IRSC conference will be Looking Back, Looking Forward; we are keen to hear about:
- Learning from incidents and planning change. For example:
The Railway’s response to the pandemic
Novel decision-making processes
Learning from previous change management: new approaches or technologies, successes and challenges
Approaches to ensure the change is properly implemented and monitored
The risks of transition and how to manage these
- Collaborating across the workforce
- What’s next looking forward to 2050. For example:
Threats and opportunities for the railway industry from disruptive technology or events
Helping avert climate emergency and the carbon reduction agenda: risk assessing alternative fuels, their use, storage and distribution
- Learning and sharing from railways in Scotland. For example:
Maintaining infrastructure in remote locations
Level crossings in rural locations
The submission process will prompt you to enter the following information:
1. A title
2. An abstract
3. Author & Co-author details
- Your content may be typed directly into the text box or pasted from another document into the online abstract submission form.
- The abstract word limit is 500 words.
- Abstracts must contain text only – no diagrams, illustrations, tables, references or graphics should be included.